7.17.2008

Moorestown

Mark Kozelek's music wrecks me. His nostalgic, bittersweet
recollections tear the flesh from my bones. Check out this track from
the latest Sun Kil Moon record:

















Sun Kil Moon, "Moorestown"

Her window looked out on North Church Street
An attic space overgrown
A photobook of smiling friends
Road maps, New York, Los Angeles
Her walls are Mediterranean blue
Her baby sister picked the hue
Saltwater taffy, Jersey shore
Blue like the fingernails she wore

The house is not far from the school
Her mom taught on the Hudson
Her dad's guitar sings open tunes
Reverberates up through the floor
Our love grew more one summer there
We'd spend our days just driving round
Old parking lots and neighborhoods
Are framed and charmed in Moorestown

I followed her across the Earth
Through parks in London, coasts of Perth
Newport, Kentucky and New Orleans
We shared a million lives it seems
I slept with her so many nights
We moved together heavenly
So close the North Pacific slept
You too were once beside me

She moved away to Williamsburg
Her eyes sad eye were waving
My thoughts will pause, my throat will swell
When her name is spoken
And looking past the cold, long sea
I cannot bear to wonder now
If the cascading soft lights
Are glowing for us in Moorestown
Are glowing for us in Moorestown

1 comments:

jackmooring said...

love it!!!

Post a Comment